This presentation reviews research done to evaluate the effect of Save the Children programming on early learning and development among pre-school children in 40 early childhood development centers (CBCCs) in Zomba, Malawi.
- In every area, children in Save the Children programs gained significantly more than children in the comparison groups
- There were no differences in the gains made between Save the Children intervention groups
- Regardless of intervention/control, children at baseline with the lowest scores seemed to gain the most from ECCD programming
- Cannot draw strong causal connections due to:
- Differential attrition/reasons between groups
- Unobserved differences in Treatment & Control groups